Are you looking for a guide to checking the allotment status of an IPO? If you have applied for an IPO and want to know the available methods to check its allotment status, then you are at the right place.
IPO allotment status provides the details about the number of shares allotted to an investor in an initial public offering or IPO. This allotment process is carried out by the registrar of the IPO.
You can check the IPO allotment status via three platforms:
- The National Stock Exchange or NSE
- The Bombay Stock Exchange or BSE
- The website of the IPO registrar
Let’s understand each method in detail:
How To Check IPO Allotment Status Through NSE?
- Open NSE’s official website.
- Hover your mouse over the ‘Invest’ section and click on ‘Check Trade/Bids’.
- Next, register yourself with your PAN on the NSE website through the ‘Click here to Sign Up’ button.
- If you are already registered, you can directly log in by clicking on the ‘Click here to login’ option. Alternatively, you can directly click on this link to land on the same page. You don’t need to follow the above steps.
- Next, enter your Username and Password and verify the captcha to log in.
- You can check the status of your IPO bid and allotment on the next page.
How To Check IPO Allotment Status Through BSE?
- Click on the link of BSE.
- Next, click on ‘Equity’ under the issue type section.
- Select the IPO under the issue name from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the application number.
- Give your PAN details.
- Verify yourself by clicking on “I am not a Robot’ and then hitting the submit button.
How To Check IPO Allotment Status Through The Registrar’s Website?
Each IPO has a registrar which is the main body in the offer’s processing. There are around 27 registrars in India that are registered with SEBI, and a company is allowed to pick anyone for its IPO. Let’s take a look at the steps required to check the IPO allotment status via four popular registrar websites.
Link Intime India Private Ltd
It is one of the common names among the registrars and handles the processing of a big number of IPOs. Investors are looking forward to the share allotment date of the Pradeep Phosphates IPO. The company is supposed to finalize the allotment by Tuesday, May 24, 2022. If you have applied for the Pradeep Phosphates IPO, then you can check its allotment status on the registrar’s website, when it gets declared.
- Visit the official portal of Link Intime or click Link Intime India.
- Choose the option you want to proceed with. There are three options – PAN, Application Number, and DP Client ID.
- Select the IPO from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the necessary details as per your selection in step 2 (either your PAN, application number or DP Client ID)
- Hit the search button to view your allotment status
KFin Technologies Limited
KFin Technologies is a well-known registrar in India and is preferred by most of the companies launching their IPO. It was a registrar for the famous LIC IPO as well. If the registrar of your IPO is KFin Tech, you can check the allotment status by following the steps given below:
- Visit the web portal of KFin Technologies Private Limited by following this link.
- You will notice several buttons like ‘Link 1’, ‘Link 2’, etc. on the page. Click on any of the links to proceed further. If the link fails to open the page due to server congestion, you can go back and click on a different link.
- Select the desired IPO.
- Pick the way through which you wish to check the status. There are a total of three options to choose from: Application No, DPID/ Client ID, and PAN.
- Enter your details as per the selection from step 4.
- Enter the captcha and hit ‘Submit’.
- You can see the IPO allotment status on the next page.
Bigshare Services Pvt Ltd
- Click on this link to visit the IPO allotment page.
- You will see multiple servers like ‘Server 1’, ‘Server 2’, and so on. Click on any one of them to proceed.
- If the chosen server doesn’t work, you can go back and try another server.
- Pick the desired IPO from the ‘Company Selection’ drop-down menu.
- Select the option you want to proceed with. There are three options to choose from –
- There are three options- PAN, Application Number, and Beneficiary id. Choose the way you want to proceed with.
- Enter the required details as per your selection
- Click on the ‘Search’ button to view the IPO allotment status.
Cameo Corporate Services Limited
- Visit the IPO allotment page.
- Next, select the IPO from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the option you want to proceed with – Application Number, PAN, or DP Client ID.
- Enter the details in the ‘Value’ box as per your selection in the previous step.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
There are other registrars like Skyline Financial Services Private Ltd, Purva Sharegistry India Pvt Ltd, Mondkar Computers Private Limited, Satellite Corporate Services Private Limited, Adroit Corporate Services Pvt Ltd, Alankit Assignments Ltd, and others.
If you are aware of the registrar of the IPO, you can visit its portal and check the IPO allotment status easily. The process with all registrars is more or less the same. You just need to keep your application number, DP ID, and PAN handy.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the full form of IPO?
Ans- The full form of IPO is Initial Public Offering.
2. What does IPO mean?
Ans- IPO or initial public offer or offering is a way for a company to raise money from investors for its future projects and get listed on the stock exchange. An IPO is a tool that companies use to secure capital through investments for future use. In most cases, the investment is used to expand or improve the business.
4. Who decides the price band?
Ans- The company with the help of lead managers (syndicate members or merchant bankers) decides the price band or price of an IPO.
5. Who gets to decide the date of the issue?
Ans- Once the draft prospectus of an IPO is cleared by SEBI and approved by stock exchanges, then it’s up to the company going public to decide the date and duration of an IPO. The company consults the lead managers, registrar of the issue, and stock exchanges before deciding the date.
6. Is it mandatory to have a PAN to apply for an IPO?
Ans- Yes, since July 2006, SEBI has made PAN compulsory for IPO applicants. If you submit forms without PAN or with wrong PAN details, your application will be considered faulty and will not be shortlisted for IPO allotment.
7. What is the primary and secondary market?
Ans- The primary market is the market where the investors can buy shares directly from the issuer company to raise their capital.
The secondary market, on the other hand, is the market where stocks are traded after they are initially offered to the investors in the primary market and listed on the stock exchange. This market comprises debt markets and equity markets.